MARION COUNTY FAIR DEMOLITION DERBY Participant Entry Form
FRIDAY AUGUST 2, 2013 - 6:30 P.M.
$7250.00 PURSE MAXIMUM ENTRIES: Start at 2:30 and will close at 5:30 P.M.
feature winner $1300.00; 2nd $500.00; 3rd $300.00; 4th $100.00.
Best of Show $100.00 - $100.00 to 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th place winners of each heat, plus trophy. If only 19 cars or less it will be a Feature Only. (NO ALOCHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED)
NEW: Mini Cars: One heat, added rules below. $500.00 first, $300.00 second, $200.00 third, $150.00 fourth
It is expressly agreed by the driver upon signing this application then and here that in no event will the Marion County Fair Association be held liable for any physical, mental or other incapacities suffered herein.
Driver's Address_____________________________________________________ Driver's License Number___________________________
Date of Birth______________ Sponsor's Name and Address_________________________________________________________________
Demo Derby Car No.________Make____________________Model__________________Year_______
Entry Fee: $30.00 ; extra pit passes $10.00 each.
Drivers under 18 years of age must have notarized permit by parent or guardian, releasing the Marion County Fair Association from any and all responsibility. Entries are open to men and women who have a valid driver's license. In the interest of safety and fairness to all contestants, the following rules and regulations shall prevail.
Any cars or station wagons allowed, minimum 100-inch wheel base. No jeeps, trucks, carryalls, convertibles, Checker cabs, Chrysler Imperials, etc.
Drivers may enter each heat BUT MUST HAVE DIFFERENT CAR EACH HEAT.
Drivers must sign entry blank form prior to race time.
Judges will have final decision on all matters and authority to disqualify any entry or eject anyone from the pit area.
1. Drivers may maneuver forward or backward. NO hitting opponent's car in the drivers door.
2. If a driver does not hit another car within one minute, that driver shall be disqualified." NO PLAYING "POSSUM".
3. Driver must remain in car until his car is removed by tow vehicle.
4. All drivers (DRIVERS ONLY) must attend pit meeting prior to race time.
HEATS: Each Derby performance shall consist of four heats. Each heat shall consist of one-fourth(1/4) of the total entries. The last three active cars in each heat shall comprise the Feature cars. NO SWITCHING CARS. Car must be a heat winner
PREPARATION OF CARS:
1. Your name, slogans, advertising or printing may be placed on car except front doors. Put NUMBER on BOTH FRONT DOORS in large print; NUMBERS MUST ALSO BE ON THE ROOF (use your choice of number).
2. Radiators and fans may be removed but not relocated. Batteries may be replaced in a secured position or relocated. Only one 12 volt automotive system. Bumpers and fenders may be trimed.
Drivers door must be securely closed.
3. Any type automobile radiator may be used but must be mounted in stock position. At driver's option he may complete without radiator, but must run on water in block only. NO RESERVE WATER TANKS.
4. All glass and trim must be removed before reaching fairgrounds. All trunks and passenger compartments must be cleaned of debris, spare parts, ect.
5. Maximum of 10 gallons of gas in tank. Gas tank must be relocated to back seat and properly secured. If running electric fuel pump, there must be a shut off switch within reach of driver, clearly marked. "STOCK TANK MUST BE REMOVED"
6. Hoods must have 2 holes at least 4inches in diameter on each side of carburetor. Front of hood may have all-thread not to exceed 1 inch in diameter through frame. Also 4 bolts in rear section of hood, but not through frame. Trunks allowed 4 pieces of all-thread, but only 2 through frame, maximum of 3/4 inch in diameter, also may tuck trunk lids.
7. Cage must be in passenger compartment max of 2 across pipes or tubing. "NO FRAME KICKERS TO FLATS OR HUMPS"
8. FRAME SEAMS MAY BE WELDED, BUT "NO ADDING STEEL, CONCRETE, ECT." "NO STRAPPING REAR HUMPS" "NO PLUGGING FRAME HOLES, MUST BE ABLE TO SEE IN FRAME"
9. May weld to front 10 inches of frame to attach bumper. Can use up to 1/4 inch plate. "NO OVER KILL"
10. 1980 or newer will be permitted rear leaf spring-bolted on only.
11. Halo Bars will be allowed.
REMOVAL OF CARS: Each driver must remove his car from exhibit grounds
within time limit to be announced. If driver enters pit area without removal
equipment, arrangements must be made for removal with Derby Officials.
After Consolation: One heat Mid Size and compact cars. All rules above apply plus the following rules.
Wheelbase of 108 inches or less. Tires size 12,14 or 15 inch. Four or six cylinder engine.
Door and hood preparation same as other cars.
Pipe braces may be installed on driver door and compartment for driver protection.
No AMC Pacers allowed.
If running electric fuel pump, there must be a shutoff switch within reach of
the driver, clearly marked. A boat fuel tank is recommented for fuel.
If running electric fuel pump, there must be a shutoff switch within reach of the driver, clearly marked. A boat fuel tank is recommented for fuel.
_________________________________________(Witness) Place of Employment________________________________________________
_________________________________________(Witness) Date of Employment Commenced____________________
I HAVE READ THE RULES AND ACCEPT THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES AS FINAL.
__________________________________________________________SIGNATURE OF DRIVER